International Council on Shared Parenting Press Release
International Conference on Shared Parenting 2020
May 29 – June 1, Vancouver, Canada
Initial Speakers List and Conference Themes Announced
At Vancouver’s University of British Columbia, the International Council on Shared Parenting is hosting the 5th gathering of leading scholars, researchers and advocates to present new ideas and discuss issues of best practices on shared parenting.
A first for this conference is a focus on the intersection of shared parenting and family violence. A recent article in Psychology Today by the event Co-Chair Dr. Edward Kruk, outlines the conference.
The conference’s initial line up includes an eminent list of presenters with more speakers being added:
- Malin Bergström, Ph.D. of Sweden
- Emily Douglas, Ph.D. of USA and conference Co-Chair
- William Fabricius, Ph.D. of USA
- Chantal Clot-Grangeat, Ph.D. of France
- Michel Grangeat, Ph.D. of France
- Jennifer Harman, Ph.D. of USA
- Denise Hines, Ph.D. of USA
- Edward Kruk, Ph.D. of Canada and conference Co-Chair
- Alexandra Lysova, Ph.D. of Canada
- Alexander Masardo, Ph.D. of United Kingdom
- Tonia Nicolls, Ph.D. of Canada
- Hildegund Sünderhauf, Ph.D. of Germany
Mark your calendar for May 29 – June 1, 2020 for a unique opportunity to meet and engage the leading experts on the issues of shared parenting, domestic violence and best practices for both. What sets this conference apart is a variety of themes such as differentiating between high conflict and family violence, and implications for shared parenting arrangements; evaluating the impact of shared parenting in the prevention of family violence; developing guidelines for family violence education and training of divorce practitioners helping families develop parenting plans after separation; developing screening procedures for family violence; establishing safety and specialized procedures when family violence has been or has the potential to be an issue of concern; the logistics of a rebuttable legal presumption against shared parenting in situations of family violence; and developing alternatives to shared parenting in the context of family violence.
Registration begins in February of 2020. Sponsorship opportunities and media partnerships are welcome.
For more conference information visit: https://vancouver2020.org/
For First Call for Papers visit: https://vancouver2020.org/about-the-conference/
Pre-Registration is possible at: https://vancouver2020.org/pre-registration/
- About the Organizers:
- The International Council on Shared Parenting (ICSP) is an international association founded in 2014 with members drawn from scientific, family profession and civil society sectors. The purpose of the association is first, the dissemination and advancement of scientific knowledge on the needs and rights (“best interests”) of children whose parents are living apart, and second, to formulate evidence-based recommendations about the legal, judicial and practical implementation of shared parenting.
General Secretariat: email@example.com
Pro memoria :
Faire un don
Totalement indépendant, ne bénéficiant à ce jour d’aucune subvention publique et ne vivant que de la générosité privée, P@ternet a besoin du soutien de ses lecteurs pour continuer, et se développer. Si cet article vous a intéressé, vous pouvez soutenir P@ternet grâce à un don ponctuel en cliquant sur l’image ci-dessous.