International Council on Shared Parenting Press Release
International Conference on Shared Parenting 2020
May 29 – June 1, Vancouver, Canada
The Fifth International Conference on Shared Parenting will be held at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada on May 29 – June 1, 2020.
The theme of the conference will be, “The Intersection of Shared Parenting and Family Violence,” and will be a landmark event bringing together scholars, professional practitioners and members of civil society to discuss socio-legal policies and best practice guidelines in regard to parenting after divorce when family violence has been or has the potential to be an issue of concern.
Specialists in the fields of shared parenting and family violence – representing both the academic sciences and the legal and family professions – are invited to present their research results and professional practice accounts at this interdisciplinary conference.
The primary goal of the conference is to address the question, “What Key Principles Should Guide Policy, Legislation, and Professional Practice Regarding the Legal Determination of Post-Separation Parenting Arrangements in the Context of Family Violence? »
Please focus your paper proposals on one or more of the following issues:
- Differentiating high conflict and family violence, and implications for shared parenting
- Shared parenting and the prevention of family violence
- Family violence education and training of divorce practitioners helping families develop parenting plans after separation
- Screening for family violence
- Safety and specialized procedures when family violence has been or has the potential to be an issue of concern
- Alternatives to shared parenting in the context of family violence
We invite submissions for two types of presentations: oral presentations and posters that correspond to completed scientific research and illustrations of professional practice. Scientific researchers and child and family professionals, from the fields of family law, social work, psychology, sociology, and other academic disciplines concerned with children’s rights and family well-being, are invited to present and discuss their findings at the conference.
If you are interested in submitting a poster or a paper for consideration to present at the conference, please prepare and submit a 150-250 word abstract of your poster or a 350-450 word abstract of your oral presentation (file format .doc / docx, .odt, .txt). The abstract should be written in English. The deadline for submitting abstracts is January 31, 2020.
For submitting, please use the link https://vancouver2020.org/call-for-papers-form/
Your proposal will be reviewed by members of the ICSP Scientific Committee, and notifications of acceptance will be made by February 29, 2020.
Pre-registration is possible at https://vancouver2020.org/pre-registration/
Accommodation is available at the University of British Columbia. For reservation please use the UBC Accommodation Link.
For further information about the conference, please follow the link https://vancouver2020.org/. If you have any questions, please contact the ICSP General Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- About the Organizers:
- The International Council on Shared Parenting (ICSP) is an international association founded in 2014 with members drawn from scientific, family profession and civil society sectors. The purpose of the association is first, the dissemination and advancement of scientific knowledge on the needs and rights (“best interests”) of children whose parents are living apart, and second, to formulate evidence-based recommendations about the legal, judicial and practical implementation of shared parenting.
General Secretariat: email@example.com
Pro memoria : communiqué du 5 mai 2019.
Faire un don
Totalement indépendant, ne bénéficiant à ce jour d’aucune subvention publique et ne vivant que de la générosité privée, P@ternet a besoin du soutien de ses lecteurs pour continuer, et se développer. Si cet article vous a intéressé, vous pouvez soutenir P@ternet grâce à un don ponctuel en cliquant sur l’image ci-dessous.